The following tips might assume you have a seller+ account - after all, it’s great value for lifetime members so why wouldn’t you? :o)
In no particular order…
1. Include a BuyNow price so that your item is uploaded to Google Shopping.
2. Include as many relevant keywords as possible in your title to help shoppers find your item.
3. Put some introductory text on your All About Me page to reassure your potential customers who may not be familiar with the site.
4. List as many and as varied a stock as possible – the more visible you are, the better your chances.
5. Always include a gallery/thumbnail picture; many browsers will not bother to open a listing if there is no thumbnail.
6. Offer discounts for shipping multiple items where possible.
7. Provide clear terms and conditions, particularly your returns policy.
8. Ship internationally and display all costs up-front.
9. Avoid all negativity, including bitter references to other sites.
10. Use reasonable durations on auctions (nobody wants to wait 30 days after bidding) with automatic reposts to reduce the admin burden.
11. Make good use of the five free pictures.
12. Choose the selling category carefully – misplaced items may be removed.
13. Keep your customers informed about where you’re selling (but no spam!)
14. Use fliers, sticky labels, business cards in all packages you send out when selling from other, more expensive, sites.
15. If you can reasonably do so, adjust your prices a little to reflect eBid’s cheaper fees so both you and your customer win.
16. Make good use of your five free eBid stores with categories and sub-categories to make browsing your items as easy as possible.
17. Use your Seller Notices to inform browsers of special offers.
18. Join in the forum discussions; be friendly, use a signature to promote your stuff (& the plug forum daily if you wish).
19. Review and refresh your listings regularly – if something’s not working, change it.
20. Buy something: it will kick-start your feedback and show you how the purchase process works; invaluable when selling if your customers need help.